We are excited to have you onboard- albeit with a couple of changes!
The Tall Ship Kajama staff and crew are ready for you to join us on a sail, please note that there are Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations that we must follow for safe operations so there will be elements of our sailing experience that have been altered for your safety.
Our top priority is your health and safety- we will have reduced capacity, social distancing measures, possible bar and food option changes, and safety/sanitizing protocols in place.
There will be signage onboard and on the dock giving instruction to include but not limiting to; sanitizer stations, handwashing, washrooms, and lineups. All necessary walkways will be clearly marked, with directions as well as distancing reminders along any paths. Our staff will have proper PPE and as of now our dining area below deck is closed.
- Click here for the most updated information on Ontario’s guidelines on Gatherings
- Click here for the most updated information on Ontario’s guidelines on Social circles
- Click here to view the Ontario Roadmap to Reopen
Please note that:
- All transactions on board will be debit/credit only.
- Entire group size must be booked under 1 reservation or will not be seated together. Please contact us if you would like 2 separate reservations to be near each other on board.
- To ensure physical distancing measures, each reservation is pre-assigned a ‘bubble’ prior to boarding.
- Please adhere to physical distancing practises and remain in your assigned ‘bubbles’ on board-this is for your safety and for those around you.
- Maximum reservation sizes will be dependant on Roadmap to Reopen step.
- Maximum reservation size for Step one - 4 passengers.
- Maximum reservation size for Step two - 6 passengers.
- At the time of booking, the Roadmap to Reopen might be different than actual sail date- if this affects your reservation, we will contact you.
- Only disposables will be used for food/beverages, we ask that you throw out your own garbage.
- Volunteering to help raise the sails is still encouraged but will only be allowed for one bubble per sail. We will still provide low background music but no sea shanties at this time.
- Face coverings for all passengers ages 3 and up are mandatory on boarding and transit to the washrooms. We will have disposable face masks on board for purchase at a nominal cost. Exceptions for those who have respiratory issues or a disability that prohibits a face covering. However, please contact us as soon as possible if this is the case.
- Upon purchasing your tickets online or in person, we are required to ask for your name, email and phone number for potential contact tracing. Depending on what step we are in, we will either need 1 individual’s contact information for the group or all passengers in the reservation.
- If you exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms while onboard, please let a staff member know immediately.
Click on each image to view.