We are excited to have you onboard- albeit with a couple of changes!
The Tall Ship Kajama staff and crew are ready for you to join us on a sail, please note that there are Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations that we must follow for safe operations so there will be elements of our sailing experience that have been altered for your safety.
Our top priority is your health and safety- we will have reduced capacity, social distancing measures, possible bar and food option changes, and safety/sanitizing protocols in place.
There will be signage onboard and on the dock giving instruction to include but not limiting to; sanitizer stations, handwashing, washrooms, and lineups. All necessary walkways will be clearly marked, with directions as well as distancing reminders along any paths. Our staff will have proper PPE and as of now our dining area below deck is closed.
As per Ontario’s guidelines on gatherings: Gathering limit of 10 people indoors or outdoors will continue to apply. Social circles are continued to be kept at 10 people province-wide, regardless of stage. In all cases, individuals are required to continue to maintain physical distancing of at least two metres with people from outside their households or social circles.
What is a social circle: a group of up to 10 of the same people who can interact with one another without physical distancing, regardless of which stage of reopening their region is in. Social or public gatherings may include different social circles, but are subject to gathering limits and physical distancing of at least two meters.
Please note that:
- All transactions will be debit/credit only
- Entire group size must be booked under 1 reservation or will not be seated together.
- To ensure physical distancing measures, each reservation is pre-assigned an area prior to boarding.
- Max group size of 10 people.
- Only disposables will be used for food/beverages, we ask that you throw out your own garbage.
- Volunteering to help raise the sails is still encouraged, but will only be allowed for one social bubble per sail. We will still provide low background music but no sea shanties at this time.
- Please adhere to physical distancing practises and remain in your assigned "bubbles" on board.
- Face coverings for all passengers ages 3 and up are mandatory on board. We will have disposable face masks on board for purchase at a nominal cost. Exceptions for those who have respiratory issues or a disability that prohibits a face covering. However, please contact us as soon as possible if this is the case.
- Upon purchasing your tickets, we are required to ask for your name, email address and phone number for your group for potential contact tracing.
- If you exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms while onboard, please let a staff member know immediately.
Click on each image to view.