The Tall Ship Kajama crew are ready for you, your family, and friends to join us on a sail. Please note that there are Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations that we must follow for safe operations which means there might be changes to your experience since you’ve last been on board.
We have been fortunate to have offered sailings on board Kajama in both 2020 and 2021- however with significant changes. We are excited for this present season to have no capacity restrictions and other social bubble distancing that was formally in place. This means the experience of Kajama will be better than ever this year with the return of sea shanties and we encourage passengers to volunteer and help our crew raise the sails. Plus more engagement with our crew!
We ask that you bear with us as we keep up to date with the ever-changing government regulations and implement changes to accommodate safety, gatherings and other measures.
There is signage onboard and on the dock as needed to give instruction.
Please note that:
- Masks are no longer mandatory. If you feel more comfortable wearing them please feel free. Otherwise, show us your smile! We know it’s been hiding!
Some crew might wear PPE depending on their comfort level. We ask everyone to keep an open mind and respect everyone’s different level of well-being.
- Pre-assigning seating/ “bubbles” is no longer in place. Seating is based on first come while boarding the ship as per pre-2020 season. There is no pre-assigned seating.
- Reservations are no longer needed to be made under ONE person to be seated together. If each person wishes to pay for their ticket individually this can be done online. However, we still strongly suggest purchasing tickets ahead of your sailing to guarantee your spot since we can sell out. Passengers can sit with other people from different reservations.
- At the time of booking, Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopening might be different than the actual sail day. If this affects your reservation, we will contact you.
- If you exhibit any COVID-19 symptoms while onboard, please let a staff member know immediately.
Click on each image to view.