Tall Ship Kajama | Deal Offer F.A.Q's
1. Where is the Kajama located?
Kajama is located at the Toronto Harbourfront on the South wall between the East and West piers. She is located on Queen's Quay West behind the south parking lot on the west side of The Queen's Quay Terminal at York St. Click here to view a map of our boat locations.
From Union Station you can take either the 509 or the 510 streetcar two stops to the Harbourfront Centre stop. Once you are off the streetcar, walk south towards the water.
2. Do I need to book in advance to take the tour?
Yes! All reservations MUST be made online at http://gls.ordersecuretickets.com. All Groupons can be made in one reservation.
3. How do I make a reservation?
Follow these steps
- Go to www.tallshipcruisestoronto.com
- Go to Reservations and enter quantity of Groupons/ deal site vouchers purchased under adult, senior, child or infant.
- Click use gift certificate/promotional code and enter the Groupon Redemption Codes for each person including the dashes.
- One redemption code per line.
- Check red bar that appears to confirm all codes are valid before continuing with the steps below.
- Fill out your name, phone number and e-mail address. The page will refresh and no longer ask you for your card number (Make sure you fill these fields out before pressing submit or you will get an error). Enter your phone number.
- Press submit. DO NOT hit the back arrow at any time during the reservation process.
- You will need to use your credit card for any extras purchased. Do NOT use your credit card if no extras are purchased.
- Once your reservation is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from our system. This is your ticket to get on board, not your Groupon/deal site voucher. You can either print off a copy of your email, or show it on your smart phone at boarding. If you do not have access to either of these options, we can always print your ticket off for you at our ticket booth prior to your sail.
4. I keep getting SERVER/RUNTIME ERROR. What do I do?
Try again by closing that browser window and opening a new one. Make sure you are filling out all the information before pressing submit. If you have used the back arrow during your reservation process you will get an error.
5. How do I change my reservation after it is made?
You can change your reservation at any point by calling our office 416 203 2322. There is a $5 administrative fee per reservation each time you wish to change the time or date of your cruise. This can even be done the day of your Sailing as long as you speak with someone before your sailing time.
6. Do I have to enter my credit card information?
NO. Do not enter your credit card information unless you are purchasing an extra ticket or additional items.
7. It says my gift certificate is invalid, what do I do?
That means that your gift certificate has already been redeemed. Make sure you are entering the correct numbers/have not used that ticket number before. If you had been trying to make a reservation and entered the number but something went wrong in the process it may also make your gift certificate invalid. In that case give us a call at 416-260-6355 and have your Groupon Redemption Code ready. Make SURE you have entered the dashes in the ticket number.
8. Who can use the Groupon/Deal Site Voucher ticket?
The voucher is good for Adults or Seniors.
9. What age do you not need a ticket?
The ticket price for Children and Infants is less than the price of a Groupon/deal site - their tickets can be purchased directly through our website.
10. What if I want to purchase more tickets after the groupon deal has closed?
You can book online at www.tallshipcruisestoronto.com(note these will be charged at the regular price). You can also call 416 203 2322 to make further bookings.
11. When can I take the Sailings?
For our most up to date schedule, click on book now for our calendar. We start sailing the first weekend in May until the first Sunday in October. Your voucher is valid until the last day of the season you purchase it for.
11a. What if my Groupon/deal site is expired?
While the promotional value of your voucher is expired, the monetary value has not. We will still honour the amount you paid for your Groupon towards a full priced ticket. If you paid $18 for your Groupon in 2017, we will give you $18 off of the full ticket price. Please call our office in order to redeem your expired vouchers as this cannot be done online.
12. What takes place on a Sailings?
Our Sailings take place over a period of two hours. The first half hour of boarding can be used to venture throughout the Kajama, order a drink from our fully licensed bar or order lunch or a snack from our galley menu.
Over the next hour and a half, Kajama will depart and will head for either the eastern or western gap out onto Lake Ontario. During this time sails will be raised by our crew and volunteers such as yourself. You are welcome to spend the sail relaxing with a cold drink or exploring the ship, listening to the crew singing sea shanties, helping raising and lowering the sails or talking with our experienced crew.
Only in the Caribbean has this experience been duplicated. Be sure to keep your eyes open for the firing of the cannon at any foreign ships that may try to sneak upon us! Before you disembark make sure to visit our gift shop at the bar for souvenirs of the Kajama.
13. What forms of payment do you except on board?
We except Debit, Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
14. Is there a bar and do you serve food on board?
Yes we do. We have a full galley on board and a fully licensed bar For our full menu click here. Challenge does not have food service on Public Sails.
15. Do you actually sail?
Yes, we actually sail. We have 7000 sqft of sail on board a 165’ gaff-rigged schooner. Kajama has been sailing since 1930 and we promote an actual sailing experience.
16. Is the Tour narrated?
No the tour is not narrated. It is a Sailing Experience. The crew will sing Sea Shanties, you can help raise the sails and ask our crew about different elements of the ship, its history and different points along the Toronto Harbourfront. We do have a Audio Tour online that you can enjoy anytime. www.tallshipcruisestoronto.com
17. Do you cruise rain or shine?
We cruise in most types of weather. We have canopies on the outside deck that are put up if there is rain. You can still be outside and have a great view even while it’s raining.
18. Are you wheelchair accessible?
The entrance onto the boat and the outside deck is wheelchair accessible. The washrooms are located inside and down a flight of stairs that are not wheelchair accessible. Our sailings can be fully enjoyed even in a wheelchair as long as washroom facilities are not needed.
19. Is smoking permitted?
Smoking is not permitted indoors at any time on the Kajama. Smoking is permitted on the outside deck of the vessel.
20. Do you have an engine?
Yes, we have three. Two for electrical requirements, Generators 35KW and are newest electronic Caterpillar C18 engine which was installed in 2005. The engine is used to disembark and return to the dock and tight maneuvering.
21. What if I wanted to find out info about a private cruise or any other information regarding tours or boat cruises in Toronto Harbour?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you with further information.
We hope you enjoy your sail!