Tall Ship Kajama | Groupon F.A.Q's
1. Where is the Kajama located?
Kajama is located at the Toronto Harbourfront on the South wall between the East and West piers. She is located on Queen's Quay West behind the south parking lot on the west side of The Queen's Quay Terminal at York St. Click here to view a map of our boat locations.
2. Do I need to book in advance to take the tour?
Yes! All reservations MUST be made online at http://gls.sinexsolutions.com each ticket is good for an individual reservation. I.e. if you have a family of 4. and have four Groupon tickets, 4 individual reservations will need to be made.
Follow these steps
- Go to www.tallshipcruisestoronto.com
- Go to Reservations and enter quantity 1 next to Adult and Senior. (This is because only ONE groupon ticket is valid per reservation. You will have to make separate reservations if you have more than one ticket.)
- Click use gift certificate and enter the Groupon Redemption Code including the dashes.
- Fill out your name, phone number and e-mail address. The page will refresh and no longer ask you for your card number (Make sure you fill these fields out before pressing submit or you will get an error. Enter your phone number including the dashes. For example 555-555-5555)
- Press submit. Repeat this process if you have more than one groupon coupon. DO NOT hit the back arrow to get to the calendar. Go to the homepage or scroll to the top of the page and press reservations.
Try again by closing that browser window and opening a new one. Make sure you are filling out all the information before pressing submit. If you have used the back arrow during your reservation process you will get an error.
5. How do I change my reservation after it is made?
You can change your reservation at any point by calling our office 416 203 2322. There is a $5 administrative fee per reservation each time you wish to change the time or date of your cruise. This can even be done the day of your Sailing as long as you speak with someone before your sailing time.
6. Do I have to enter my credit card information?
NO. Do not enter your credit card information unless you are purchasing an extra ticket or prepaid meal.
That means that your gift certificate has already been redeemed. Make sure you are entering the correct numbers/have not used that ticket number before. If you had been trying to make a reservation and entered the number but something went wrong in the process it may also make your gift certificate invalid. In that case give us a call at 416-260-6355 and have your Groupon Redemption Code ready. Make SURE you have entered the dashes in the ticket number.
The Groupon voucher is good for anyone. Adults, Children or Seniors.
9. What age do you not need a ticket?
Children that are (4) four and under are $2.95 so they do not need a groupon voucher.
10. What if I want to purchase more tickets after the groupon deal has closed?
You can book online at http://www.tallshipcruisestoronto.com (note these will be charged at the regular price). You can also call 416 203 2322 to make further bookings.
11. When can I take the Sailings?
See the schedule for sailing times http://www.tallshipcruisestoronto.com/boat-cruise/sailing-schedule.html we start sailing weekends in May and run till the last Sunday in September. Your voucher is valid until the 30thof September 2012.
12. What takes place on a Sailings?
Our Sailings take place over a period of two hours. The first half hour of boarding can be used to venture throughout the Kajama, order a drink from our fully licensed bar or order lunch or a snack from our galley menu.
Over the next hour and a half, Kajama will depart and will head for either the eastern or western gap out onto Lake Ontario. During this time sails will be raised by our crew and volunteers such as yourself. You are welcome to spend the sail relaxing with a cold drink or exploring the ship, listening to the crew singing sea shanties, helping raising and lowering the sails or talking with our experienced crew.
Only in the Caribbean has this experience been duplicated. Be sure to keep your eyes open for the firing of the cannon at any foreign ships that may try to sneak upon us! Before you disembark make sure to visit our gift shop at the bar for souvenirs of the Kajama.
We except Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Diner's Club.
14. Is there a bar and do you serve food on board?
Yes we do. We have a full galley on board and a fully licensed bar For our full menu click here
15. Do you actually sail?
Yes, we actually sail. We have 7000 sqft of sail on board a 165’ gaff-rigged schooner. Kajama has been sailing since 1930 and we promote an actual sailing experience.
16. Is the Tour narrated?
No the tour is not narrated. It is a Sailing Experience. The crew will sing Sea Shanties, you can help raise the sails and ask our crew about different elements of the ship, its history and different points along the Toronto Harbourfront.
17. Do you cruise rain or shine?
We cruise in most types of weather. We have canopies on the outside deck that are put up if there is rain. You can still be outside and have a great view even while it’s raining.
18. Are you wheelchair accessible?
The entrance onto the boat and the outside deck is wheelchair accessible. The washrooms are located inside and down a flight of stairs that are not wheelchair accessible. Our sailings can be fully enjoyed even in a wheelchair as long as washroom facilities are not needed.
19. Is smoking permitted?
Smoking is not permitted indoors at any time on the Kajama. Smoking is permitted on the outside deck of the vessel.
20. Do you have an engine?
Yes, we have three. Two for electrical requirements, Generators 35KW and are newest electronic Caterpillar C18 engine which was installed in 2005. The engine is used to disembark and return to the dock and tight maneuvering.
21. What if I wanted to find out info about a private cruise or any other information regarding tours or boat cruises in Toronto Harbour?
We hope you enjoy your sail!